Goodman Circuit Board

Old 06-28-13, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman Circuit Board

I have a Goodman GMNTE080-4 ,9 years old. A/C was running, but the inside blower was not. The red light on the circuit board was on, no blinking, but a little green light in the lower corner was blinking. The 3 amp fuse is good.According to the sheet on the panel, a solid light indicates a bad board. I am assuming the red light is the correct light because it is the light visible thru the porthole on the cover. I have found other comments to indicate that a solid light means a good board, so am a little confused. From looking around on the net, I assume the green light is to indicate power to the board. Why would it be blinking? Acts like it is half on, then comes on bright, and then blinks 4-5 times, then goes back to a shorted out look, then repeats. After changing stat to call for fan only, can get the blower to stay on, green light still blinking, and red light off. Where is the number on the board? The only thing I can find to match up is the number on the processor, B1809925. From what I can find, this has been replaced by a board PCBBF107s. Original is an Emerson board. Is there a board number on the back of the board? I haven't taken anything loose yet. Just trying to be sure before spending $200 bucks.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-13, 08:41 PM
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
Service manual doesn't say anything more about the blinks than on the label in the furnace that you already looked at. If status light ON then FAILED CONTROL BOARD - REPLACE CONTROL.

Be careful. Per Goodman's site you've got the wrong replacement part:

MODEL#: GMNTE080-4
MFG#: GMNTE080-4*

B1809925(PCBBF106S)
HSI BOARD W/12-CIRCUIT CONNECTOR

Part Number: B1809925
Sub. Part: PCBBF106S
Part Name: HSI BOARD W/12-CIRCUIT CONNECTOR

Old 07-03-13, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks.
I have found a supplier that says the 106s board has been replaced by the PCBBF107s. Found 1 supplier that had a 106s, but the board is different. I have wiring on a 16 pin connector, and a 5 pin connector. Just by looking at the placement of everything on the PCBBF107s, it appears to be the same as the board that I have. Have also found a supplier that lists a PCBBF106s that looks like my board also.
Thanks again.