Lennox CB-29m leaking

Old 07-08-13, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox CB-29m leaking

Hey all,

My air conditioner is working perfectly with one exception. It's leaking quite a bit in my basement. I have some questions about some of the things on it. Here are some photos:

This is of the leak:

This is a beckett pump isn't it that draws the water out of the drip pan?

And here is the model # of the pump.

I apologize for my ignorance of the subject. I have cleaned the filter. There is a plastic tube that leads outside coming from the blue item and I shop vac'd that to clear it if it was to remove the water.

I don't know how to look at the drip pan itself with this model, and what is the blue item? Is that a pump? If it is, could it be bad, and how do I test the pump?

Thanks!

-Pat

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-13, 03:22 PM
Received 11 Votes on 8 Posts
The blue item is a condensate pump. The white plastic pipe brings the condensate from the drip pan (gravity feed) into the condensate pump. The pump contains a float, and when the water level reaches a certain point, the float activates the pump, which pumps the water out of the pump "tank" and out through the clear plastic tube.

To check the pump operation, slowly pour water into the pump (where the white pipe goes into it). At some point (before the water overflows the pump), you should hear the pump turn on and see it pump the water through the clear tubing.

The two most likely causes of water on the floor are: the condensate pipe (white plastic) is plugged, not allowing the water to go into the pump; or the pump is bad and the water is overflowing the pump's tank. You can probably tell which is the problem by carefully examining where the water seems to be coming from.

Old 07-08-13, 03:47 PM
I agree with BOB........................................................................

Old 07-08-13, 05:42 PM
Thanks so much for the quick answer.

The leaking appeared to be coming from the lower left of the air handler itself. When I removed the 3rd lower "strip" panel, it was wet there as well.

-Pat

Old 07-08-13, 05:50 PM
so, it is likely that the condensate piping is plugged..........

Old 07-08-13, 06:04 PM
I just tested the pump and it works fine. I shop vac'd (vacuum) the pipe (the end that goes into the pump). Lots and lots of water came out. I've just put it back together and turned it on to see what happens. The pipes are glued together (which is good) so I couldn't disassemble those to get a good vacuuming.

-Pat

Old 07-08-13, 06:21 PM
Received 11 Votes on 8 Posts
Pat,

I think you've solved your problem. Since you got a lot of water when you vacuumed the condensate pipe, that indicates that there was a blockage which has been removed.

Old 07-09-13, 07:30 PM
Totally dry this morning, and this afternoon after leaving it on at about 78 degrees. thank you!

-Pat