How can I remove this unit from wall?

Old 07-16-13, 11:42 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How can I remove this unit from wall?

I need to remove this quite urgently, any advice appreciated. I'm buying the unit from someone on Friday/Saturday, but need to arrive, remove it (and any fittings) from the wall, and take it away, in one hit.

I want to make sure I go with the right tools.

Is there a frame behind the unit that it is mounted to? Or is it mounted directly onto the wall?

Should the cover come off, so I can just access some scews that bolt it to the wall?

Do I need to worry about any emissions?

Should the hose just come straight out of the wall? Anything I must know there?

Just in case, the model number is AS22NPE-W

Many thanks in advance!

Attached Images  
Old 07-17-13, 01:40 AM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Unless you or your helper have a certificate issued by the US Environmental Protection Agency for working with refrigerants AND also have the necessary refrigerant recovery equipment you are screwed, blued and tattooed.

It is contrary to federal law to release the refrigerant to the atmosphere. There is no way to remove that unit unless you first remove the refrigerant. It is contrary to the rules of this forum to give any advice on working on the refrigeration system.

I will tell you that the unit is hanging on a bracket that is fastened to the wall. There is a screw, maybe more than one, in the underside that secures it to the bracket. After first properly removing the refrigerant you can loosen (or remove) the securing screws and then lift the unit off the bracket. I'll also say that is one of the worst installations of a mini-split I have ever seen. The bundle of tubes and electrical cables going through the wall should have all been behind the unit and unseen.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: