Air Conditioner was blowing a mist

Old 07-19-13, 02:24 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air Conditioner was blowing a mist

when I walked in the Bed Room my air conditioner was blowing a mist. I do not no how long it had ben doing this, I did not like what I saw so I Turned it off for the rest of the day. the next day when I came home from work I check the filter, it was dirty so I cleaned it after cleaning I turn the AC on now it only Blows warm air. its a Sharp Comfort Touch - Model AF-R125cx 1200 BTUS 11.5 amps 1200 W

Old 07-19-13, 04:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,980 Upvotes on 3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

12,000 btu's

Was it blowing cold air and mist ?

With a window unit the condensate pan may have been overfull. Sometimes you'll hear the fan slinging the water around. Not uncommon and usually not harmful to unit.

Normally the condensate doesn't make it indoors but I have seen it happen before.

Now it only blows warm air.... do you hear the compressor start up ? Could take up to five minutes to start.

Old 07-19-13, 05:03 PM
T
I wonder if you happened upon it while it was leaking refrigerant...

Old 07-20-13, 02:01 PM
R
Yes it did blow mist and clod air and, I did hear the sound of wate could this help pinpoint the leak in the system,I just order a can of Pro seal and a Bullet piercing valve and some Freon. Wednesday my vacuum pump should arrive.

Old 07-20-13, 05:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,980 Upvotes on 3,572 Posts
Wait a minute Ray. Let's not jump to conclusions.

You said it was blowing cold air and mist...... and you heard water hitting the condensor fan. That does not indicate any type of freon leak. That sounds like a normal running air conditioner with too much condensate water..... perhaps from not being properly pitched towards the outside.

If your unit was low on charge the compressor would still try to run....... is it ?

Old 07-21-13, 05:53 PM
R
I do not here the compressor engaging and the pitch is perfectly level, should I change the pitch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: