Samsung split unit AR12FSFTKWQN turns off automatically and light blink

Old 07-24-13, 08:34 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Samsung split unit AR12FSFTKWQN turns off automatically and light blink

Hello,

I have a Samsung AR12FSFTKWQN split unit, which has been acting weird for the last few days. The unit is only a month old.

The outside unit only works for 10-20 minutes then turns off automatically. Sometimes it turns back on after another 10-30 minutes.

Once the outside unit turns off, if I turn off/on the AC by myself it will turn on again, but soon the inside unit will beep 3 times and turn off. After that the good sleep and power lights keep blinking.

Can someone help me with an advice ?

Old 07-24-13, 02:46 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
There is really no way to diagnose these or to help you. Call the contractor that put it in or if for some reason you decided to risk installing it yourself then you need to call the manufacturer tech support. These mini split systems do not use conventional controls.

Old 07-24-13, 03:41 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 12 Posts
Based upon your description of symptoms it appears it may be a programming issue. I suggest you look at your owner's manual and study how to set the different functions such as Good Sleep mode, Smart Saver mode, Combining On/Off mode, Auto mode and etc. Perhaps these different "modes" are causing your issues. I am pretty certain you can go back to the original factory settings by pushing the appropriate button on the remote control and then re-program each mode based upon your likes/dislikes.

Old 07-25-13, 04:36 AM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I've thought about this and I've read the manual 6-7 times already. The remote control should display where a function is on ( timer, good sleep ) and it's also a light for this functions on the unit.

P.S. Now I noticed that it also doesn't cool the room. I have the impression that it only blows very cool air for 1-2 minutes. The rest of the time it only works as a fan.

Old 07-25-13, 06:42 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 12 Posts
At this point it appears you will need to submit a request for warranty work from the manufacturer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: