A/C Condenser Drain

Old 07-24-13, 10:05 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/C Condenser Drain

I recently discovered that the A/C condenser is just draining from the unit onto the dirt floor in my crawl space. I'm guessing the home builder thought that was okay since it was a dirt floor in the crawl space, but I would prefer to do something else so I don't have water puddling down there.
My question is would I be better off using a condensation pump to move the water to a sump that is in the crawl space, or could I just run a drain line from the drain on the condenser unit directly to the sump. I just want to make sure the water is effectively moving out of the condenser. Thank you.

Old 07-24-13, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
As long as its done with the piping vertical or a good slope on any horizontal runs...I'd take it direct to the sump. Why add one more component that can cause issues?

Old 07-24-13, 12:51 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your response. The crawl space floor is a bit unlevel and the condenser drain is only about 6 inches off the floor, so a good slope on horizontal runs would probably not be very possible, and I certainly can't do anything vertical as the top of the sump is not much below the floor. I would have to dig a trench for this to be effective I think. I found a condenser pump for less then $75 I may just go that route.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: