problems with condensate drain

Old 08-08-13, 11:40 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
problems with condensate drain

Sorry I don't have photos, but I'll do my best to describe the situation.

I live in a 2-story, 8 condo unit building (4 units on the left and 4 on the right), I live on the front, left side on the 2nd floor.

So the problem began when my a/c was stopping on and off and I discovered that my condensor drain was clogged. I tried to look for the outlet outside and could not find it. The right side of the building had all four outlets coming out of the building and draining properly. So, I went back to the left side and started digging. I found my condensate drain line along with my downstairs neighbors. Both drains come out of the building and forms their own p-trap underground and then connects to each other with a T-connector and forms 1 pipe. That one pipe goes towards the back of the condo building and connects to the other two back units the same way and eventually exits into a catch basin.

I was just wondering if this is up to code or if I could just sever my ties from this common pipe and put an upward extenstion after the p-trap and let the condensate drain on to the ground.

One reason I want to separate myself is because after we blow out the clog which was a thick clog, I believe the the pressurized air came back up the downstairs neighbors condensate drain and flooding her small condensate pan and soaked her floors.

Let me know! Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-13, 05:28 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
could you do that, sure.... is you condo association going to be ok with that??? I doubt it.... Better check with them!