Central ac not blowing air

Old 08-12-13, 08:51 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Central ac not blowing air

Hi , have a 3 year old central ac unit. Yesterday I changed the air filter for reg maintenance , that night ac stopped blowing , the outside fan is running but no air flow from vents also noticed some small ice on top of inside ac unit . Could it be related to the new air filter somehow ? What can I try to fix it ?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-13, 09:08 AM
T
Was the system working fine before you changed the filter? If so, did you change brands of filters that the one you have now is more restrictive? Don't run the system if you are seeing ice. You may need to have a pro check your coolant level, but insist that he check to make sure coils are clean before adding.

Old 08-12-13, 09:15 AM
D
Was working fine prior to the filter change, I honestly don't recall if filter was different brand I will have to check that . I shut everything down prior to leaving for work today , hoping it will come back on on its own (haha not likely I know !)

Old 08-12-13, 09:19 AM
T
Many pleated 1" filters are too restrictive. If you still have the old filter that was working fine, I'd put it back in and see if that fixes it. Icing up is a sign of not enough airflow or low refrigerant. To happen after a filter change tells me low airflow.