Ice on coils

Old 08-14-13, 08:48 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ice on coils

Hi, I installed my York system 2 years ago July 2011 and this month I found ice on my coils, I have 3.5 ton system with new refrigerant line about 35 ft long. the system came already charged with 4.4 pound of refrigerant which support 15 ft line long. the guy who installed it did not add any refrigerant for the extra 20 ft long pipe. One HVAC person cam to my house and added 3.11 pound of refrigerant to the system and check leaks and did not find any by the joints. the said he could do the die with will cost aboutn $700 dollar, the system still under the warranty, I thought to buy the cliplight Dry R and 937 kit super seal for my 410a system, questions is how good is cliplight and do you recommend it. or do you have any other advice. Thanks

Old 08-14-13, 09:01 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
No! Do not add any sealant!......

Old 08-14-13, 10:54 AM
R
Sealants are kind of a last resort, most techs won't even hook up their gauges to a system containing a sealant in it if they knows its there. That stuff destroys guage sets. 3.1 pounds is quite a bit considering the system probably required somewhere around the 5 lb range with the extra line. This is definitely a cause for concern, unless the tech just over charged the crap out of it. Do you know how proper charge was figured out with the latest tech?

Old 08-15-13, 07:48 AM
J
Did you call the company who installed it? Your post wasn't clear.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: