Desperate in Arizona (0

Old 08-18-13, 01:34 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Desperate in Arizona (0

So we had an estimate of 750 for furnace blower motor and wheel, guy came over on Friday to fix it, and after a while he climbed down and said, no can't do, your TXV is stuck closed, we need another 900 bucks. We don't have a dime left, we just took out car title loan for 700 to pay him for the blower and the rest, our credit is shot due to loan modification, matter of a fact, we just completed our loan mod a week ago and received paperwork from the bank. My house is at over 100 degrees, i lost all my fish, and food in cabinets. WE have two portable ac units that we were able to buy because we refused to give that guy a dime, since his estimate said one thing and he failed to fix it. My daughter has one in her room, and my husband and i moved our entire life to the bedroom, on our queen size bed. The rest of the house sits at around 102 degrees, we are completely broke, and i can't find anyone to give us honest estimate of what's really wrong with the ac and how much would it take to fix. Can't get credit on new unit, just sheer desperation and hopelessness. I was wondering if anyone knows of any way to get new unit installed with bad credit, or just any suggestion will give us hope.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-13, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would suggest you get at least three more hvac companies to come out and evaluate your system and give you a bid for repairs. Do not tell them that you already had another person out there and diagnosed a bad TXV or blower wheel/fan blade or whatever. Tell them you don't know what the problem is and see what each of them comes up with. Some hvac companies have their own in-house financing or are hooked up with financing resources. Some of the big box stores have special financing for new units at something like 84 payments at 5.99%. Of course, I would imagine that would depend on one's credit score/history.