Fan for AC/Furnace Not Always working

Old 09-26-13, 06:26 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fan for AC/Furnace Not Always working

We a Goodman AC/Furnace combo and since February, we have been having problems with the fan/blower not always working. We have had the gas gauge on the furnace replaced (didn't help), the waterlines in the furnace rooms insulated (the were very cold dripping water into the pan), we have replaced the thermostat, and finally had the control board replaced. Normally, the AC will run and work fine for a while but then the fan stops working and we have to shut down the system for a couple of hours. When the initial problem started in February, we would wake up in the morning and the furnace would not be working and it would be 58 degrees (or colder). After a couple of hours, it would work again. We have had the the HVAC company out 6-8 times since then and the problem isn't fixed. Thankfully, it's cool right now and we don't need ac or heat. We have a toddler and are very worried that this problem can't be resolved. We certainly don't want the same company coming out again and doing nothing and charging us for the pleasure. (It is atleast $110 per visit before any work). The furnace/ac units were replaced in 2007 and we don't know what do to. Any thoughts?

Old 09-26-13, 06:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
Count the LED flashes when lockout occurs and post this information along with your furnace model number.

Cleaning the flame sensor and the screen at the PVC combustion air intake (if this a condensing furnace) should be performed annually.

Old 09-26-13, 08:20 AM
I
Help me please I'm using my phone And I can't seem to get anywhere on this site. I'm totally lost. My name is conie Mcdobald femme4you@hotmail.com. I'm
Am so confused. I need help with my hot water install electric from propane and running a 220 line to the hot water heater closet it's the same closet the original hot water heater was in

Old 09-26-13, 08:32 AM
I
My problem is I can't pay that kind of money. I'm a subsgke mom of 4, husband found it easier to not have responsibilities so in sorry for wasting your time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: