Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Air Conditioning and Cooling Systems
Reload this Page >

HELP....I clean out my pipe with vinager and water and the AC unit was still on!

HELP....I clean out my pipe with vinager and water and the AC unit was still on!

Old 10-23-13, 05:37 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP....I clean out my pipe with vinager and water and the AC unit was still on!

Hello,
I forgot to turn off my ac unit before pouring vinager and water into my pipe during the same time I did not close the pipe plug. Then I turn off unit and clean out Safe-T- Switch then it work for about two day and now my ac unit does not blow air out the vents. Can you tell me what could have gone wrong? What need to be replace?

Model FX4DNF031T00AAAA

Old 10-23-13, 05:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! What pipe did you pour vinegar into? If it was the pan drain to the evacuation pump, it should have had no affect on the operation of the A/C. Did you reconnect the safety switch after you fiddled with it? The reason your A/C doesn't blow air is because your air handler had become disabled. Have you checked your breaker panel for a tripped breaker? Does the limit (safety) switch remain open or is it closed?

Old 10-23-13, 06:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Can you see the safe-t-switch...... are there any LED's lit on it ?

Old 10-24-13, 12:26 PM
P
Yes I can see the safe-t-switch
What are LED's lit? But everything still looks new....have it for 3 years and replace motor by Dell Air last July

Old 10-24-13, 12:33 PM
P
I did replace safe-t-switch.
Where is the air handler....will search in manual...do I have to buy a new part?
Checked breaker, it was still on.
Yes, safe-t-switch remain close.
Double check everything turn on unit, fan outside is working, the wire pipe is cool and warm to touch, but is still stop it to blow air out but it has a trying sound.

Old 10-24-13, 01:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
The air handler is the unit inside the house where you poured your vinegar. It houses the fan that blows air when the unit is on. You say it has a "trying" sound. If the motor was replaced, I would contact the installer and have them look at it since it may still be under warranty. It could be seized up. If the door/panel to the air handler is not closed properly it may not contact a switch needed for the air handler to run. Post pictures of the switch, door, pipe, etc, anything you think we may need to see on this unit. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: