fuse blown out

Old 11-08-13, 03:12 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
fuse blown out

comfort zone furnace/ac unit

I have been haveing problems with the up stairs ac/heater unit,it a comfort zone unit..( gui075a012bin) control board the general 90 50a50-110..

long story short instead of changing the up stair unit ,which don't get used much we opted to redo the lower floor unit and keep the old unit for parts since the ole up stairs unit and the lower lower floor unit were the same just lower floor unit had 3 burners and up stairs unit had 2...

the upstairs unit control board went,so i swap it out with the spare,it work for a bit the i got the open roll out fault ( 5 flashes) .i did some checking and the board was bad,so i ordered the white rodges 50a55-843 replacement..hooked it up after i changed all the internal out for the spare we had,that worked fine..Trans was swapped out,capacitor wiring harness etc..i hooked up the new board which was pretty easy and the unit fired right up ran the unit and 10 mins later the 3 a fuse blew...

any ideas as to why,i don't wanna just swap the fuse of and inadvertly blown this board..I also haven't tried the ac yet..

awaiting any info /help as to why

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/ga...#ixzz2k6B3lqrK

Old 11-09-13, 10:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
It would be tough to diagnose that without seeing it.

I recommend calling a pro out to diagnose your problem.

Old 11-09-13, 07:46 PM
L
was tryn to aviod that ,since i would love to figure it out my self...hopefully someone can give me some tips,i do have a multi meter and am very handy,i can work on pool heaters and there basicly the same..

Old 11-09-13, 07:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
I see that you installed 2 boards, saw a rollout lockout and popped a fuse.
I think the safest option at this point is to call a professional.

Old 11-09-13, 09:09 PM
L
the rollout was when i first got back in atlanta,did the testing and changed the limit even though there was continuity and by by-passing the switch it still faulted out...so i bought the new board..installed it and she fired right up ran for 10 mins and poped the fuse..i wonder if it has to do with the wiring to the thermostat or the wire to the ac compressor since that was at fault a while ago and burned the trans former out..i'm gonna disconnect that wire tomorrow..n try to test the other wire to the thermostat

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: