Condensate pump making loud buzzing noise at end of cycle

Old 11-19-13, 09:58 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Condensate pump making loud buzzing noise at end of cycle

We had it cleaned before and it was silent, as new again, but its starting to be loud again.

This noise actually caused our cats to have litterbox issues in the past and Id like to avoid any further issues...

any way to clean it out myself? It looks exactly like the one in this video:

How to install a Condensate Pump - YouTube

except i havent been able to find any take apart videos.

any help would be great!

(I didnt think it ran at all without the AC running, but i suppose it does. I thought that was what i heard so i went and poured water into the hole to cause a cycle, and sure enough, its what i heard)

Old 11-21-13, 06:25 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
SOmeone help... Please?? Could still really use it.

Old 11-21-13, 06:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,087 Upvotes on 3,670 Posts
The pump is used for condensate removal in the summer and humidifier purge in the winter.

For the most part condensate pumps aren't considered serviceable devices. Usually the unit is just replaced. I've cleaned them before..... not always with a favorable outcome.

Usually what happens is the water is mineral heavy and the minerals build up inside the pump unit causing it to stall, run intermittently or make noise. If the unit is put together with screws you could disassemble it and try to clean out the minerals. The motor itself could also be noisy and you might be able to get some oil into it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: