blower won't turn on problems..

Old 04-09-14, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
blower won't turn on problems..

Hello,

I turned on my AC for the first time this year and it seemed fine. I thought the air wasn't blowing very hard so I wanted to pop the blower motor cover in the basement to see if it could be turned up. When I popped the cover I tripped the furnace cover safety switch. Now, for the life of me I cannot get the blower motor to blow again by depressing the safety switch or putting the cover back on...

1. Do you think it is as simple as the switch quit?
2. Can I bypass it?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-14, 09:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 14 Votes on 11 Posts
Many digital thermostats have a 5 minute timer that initiates when you remove then restore power. Did you wait over 5 minutes?

Some furnaces have a LED that is visible through the furnace door. Does yours? If so does it light up when the panel is installed?

The furnace panel may not be properly depressing the door switch. Does the fan run when you hold in the button with your finger?

Do you have a volt meter?

Old 04-10-14, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hello, I have checked and the light is OFF on the circuit board. I have bypassed the safety switch and am getting 110V at the circuit board input... The fuse on the board looks fine but still no light. I might replace the fuse anyways but now I'm thinking maybe a bad board?

Old 04-10-14, 06:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 514 Votes on 484 Posts
It could be the board if the board itself is the source of the 24vac control power..... or it could be a separate and defective 24vac transformer.

If you post the make and model we can confirm the information for you.