A/C air handler blower not working

Old 05-07-14, 08:42 PM
L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C air handler blower not working

this is just a cooling system no heat .the handler is in the attic, when i put the stat to cool and the fan is on auto or on the blower does not work . so i checked all the breakers and disconnects all fine, i jumped R to G still no fan ,i test for 24 volts on R and C both have 24 volts . i went to the attic to the handler and i hear a hunning . removed panel and the 5 amp fuse on the curcuit board is good . the blower truns by hand freely . i tested the cap and it only tested 6.6 and its a 7.5 so i changed the cap and still nothing so i remove the blue wire from the relay and hooked it to the hot line in and the motor still did not turn so i did a motor test and the motor was shorted on one side so i replaced the motor still the blower wont come on. i have 120 coming in to the relay and to the transformer but i am only getting 3 volt out of the relay to the blue wire. and i see that the relay is part of the circuit board , so i am guessing i need a board also ? or am i missing something
thanks

Old 05-07-14, 09:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I agree with your diagnosis.
I have seen bad motors damage control boards before.

Can you temporarily bypass the control board to prove that your motor will run now that you have replaced the motor?

Old 05-08-14, 05:05 PM
L
yes i bypass the board and the motor runs . now i am headed up to put a new board in 'thanks

Old 05-08-14, 08:11 PM
L
it all works now ,so my question is did the Cap cause the motor to have a dead short and take out the fan control board ? thanks again.

Old 05-08-14, 10:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I'd put my money on the motor causing this trouble.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: