Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Air Conditioning and Cooling Systems
Reload this Page >

Unit is off but still has heat coming out of the vents (no fan or comp blowing

Old 05-09-14, 06:37 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I turn on the breakers in the breaker box to turn on the pwr to the window heater/ac, I hear a beep and immediately have heat coming out of the vents. No fan or compressor is running and the unit has not had the on/off switch turned on.

When I do turn on the the unit by pressing the on/off switch, the AC mode light is on, fan is now blowing and you can hear the compressor running. I get cool air but within a minute, it blows hot air.

In the heater mode and running, after being on for several minutes, you shut it off by the switch but the unit stays on. Fans still blowing and uncontrolled heat continues to blow until I shut off the breakers.

I've beat the sides, top and bottom of the unit in the off position. Turned it on, and still have the same problems.

The unit is out of warranty by about a year now and the unit is 5 years old.

I've contacted service techs in the area, but everyone of them wont come to the house to look and repair nor will they come to the house to remove the unit to take back with them to repair. Why??? I'm Clueless.

I'm too old to remove the unit myself and live in the country, so I've decided to get involved with this forum for assistance and trouble shoot this Frigidaire myself. (With assistance from pro's on this forum) Help a an old retired Marine out.

Old 05-09-14, 07:06 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,158 Likes on 2,838 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

With the price of window units you won't find many people servicing them.

The model number for your unit is needed for us to help you.

Old 05-09-14, 02:00 PM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a heat and air unit ? How many BTU is it rated at ? Is the hear straight resistance heat ? Or a heat pump ?

Manual controls or remote control ?

God bless
Wyr

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: