Blower not working when AC is on.

Old 05-09-14, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Blower not working when AC is on.

I have a Goodman GMPN080-4 gas furnace with a Goodman CK36-1B AC unit. When on the heat cycle all works well. On the AC cycle the outside compressor comes on immediately but the blower motor never activates. I can feel cold air in the return and the tubing from the compressor is cold to the touch even through the insulation. I've tried measuring AC voltage to the blower at the control board outputs and can get no voltage reading. Is this a control board failure? Are schematics or parts available to rebuild these things or do I have to buy a new one? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-14, 03:52 PM
When you say blower do you mean the outside fan or the blower in the furnace?

Old 05-09-14, 04:41 PM
The blower in the furnace. The outside unit appears to be working fine and the inside blower does work when on heat but not on cool.

Old 05-09-14, 04:56 PM
Received 11 Votes on 8 Posts
Since the air handler comes on in heat mode, it appears to be working. It appears that there may be a problem with the thermostat. If you have a voltmeter, check the voltage between the R and G terminals. When the thermostat is in cooling mode and is calling for cooling, you should get 0 VAC between the R & G terminals. When the thermostat is not calling for cooling, you should get ~24VAC.

Old 05-10-14, 08:17 AM
Put the stat in cooling mode and put your meter on G and ground in the furnace. If you get 24V then the relay in the board is bad. If you get 0 V the stat is bad.