I need AC Help!

Old 05-30-14, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I need AC Help!

Hello, I wanted air conditioning working. i crawled up in my attic found out i had a BRYANT Model# FV4ANF003. contacted ac/heating places. thinking all i needed was an outside compressor unit?
But not sure? when i got a call from someone. they gave a price i ask for the name of the unit and the btu's. they said I needed a RHEEM 13JL36A01. 36,000 btu unit.
I told them i did not know if the unit had been connected before but it seemed there was everything there to make a system work except for the outside compressor. a 240 volt connecting box, it needs two fuses. i can see drain pipe, remote wall controller wires, and the end of the copper pipe. it looks like someone taped over one of the pipes? but it looks like all is there. I ask them for the name and btu's because they said it needed to match the other unit in the attic! That sounds right! but I looked up a BRYANT AC outdoor unit and it sure was cheaper than what they were going to use?
I realize that it needs connected, all the pipes and the wire, and such. and than filled with refrigerant 410A. But they want to charge me $2,880.000. Am i being ripped off? or can i just get a BRYANT 36,000 btu unit and have it installed? after all it is the same name unit in the attic. and the same btu's they said i needed! With the exception of filling the unit, I think i can install what i need. Please tell me what i need outside. the thermostat puts out heat great, and i see the cool selector as well and it would need connected outside but i do not think it would be anything hard to do. What do i need out side? What is it called? Heat pump? the unit in the attic puts out nice heat. it seems all i need is what goes outside! Please Advise. price for Bryant around $1,100.00. shipped. what should i expect an installer to charge if i had to go that way? all duct work is in place just does not have the cover over them in the house. Thanks for any and all help. Loyd.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 05-30-14 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Email not allowed.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-14, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is it FV4ANF003 or FV4ANF030 ???

Old 05-30-14, 09:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 327 Votes on 306 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

To keep down the spam - email addresses are not listed in threads.

First off.... you had the model number wrong. It is a RHEEM 13PJL36A01. That is a three ton heatpump unit. Your coil is also approved for heatpump use. Their price including that heatpump unit doesn't seem so far out of line. The unit you spec'ed is A/C only..... correct ?

You are not going to find a company that will come in and install your A/C compressor unit. If you want straight A/C with no heatpump..... ask them to reprice the job.

You didn't mention if the lines were connected to the evaporator coil but if they are and the lines outside aren't both sealed those lines will need to be flushed.

FV4ANF003 is correct.
Hvacpartners.docs F1009FPublic F062FPDSFV4A.03.2.pdf