Where to get and how to wire "little giant" switch??

Old 06-06-14, 07:51 AM
Where to get and how to wire "little giant" switch??

I have this air handler, carrier: FV4CN5002

The installers did not put in a little giant but my main AC system has one and I like the peace of mind. Where can I get one for this system and what terminals do I use to hook it up?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-14, 09:50 AM
Group Moderator
Using our friend google reveals many places to get the switch from. You can just get the blue one if your drain is set up with a 3/4" cleanout. Otherwise go with the white one which comes with the proper drain fitting which you will need to install.

The switches have two wires and are used to interrupt power. You'll need to get a two wire thermostat cable from the switch location to the thermostat wiring in the air handler. You can interrupt just power to the compressor and just the compressor is shut down or you can interrupt power to the thermostat and the entire system will go dead. Let us know.... same amount of wiring either way.

Google/search/little giant+condensate+safety+switch

Old 06-06-14, 01:44 PM
Interesting...Im glad I asked because I had no idea there were more than one type of float switch. The blue one you show in the link is different than the one I have on my main system. My switch is clipped to the edge of teh drip pan, and when that fills up with a bit of water, then the switch trips! Im guessing the blue one goes in the clean out?? Looks like there are more brands too. Do you have a recommendation for brands and styles? I just asked about little giant because that's the only one I know.

Old 06-06-14, 02:22 PM
Group Moderator
They all accomplish the same thing with different mounting locations.

There are clip on ones available too.
Comfort Gurus: Safe-T-Switch® SS3 Condensate Overflow Safety Switch (Clip Type) 97647

Old 06-06-14, 05:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The Aquaguard AG-1100 is the best float switch that I have come across.
It mounts securely with 2 thumb screws and does not rock the way many float switches do.

Old 06-09-14, 08:26 AM
I got the 1100+, mostly due to ease of purchase. My main AC system has never utilized this switch, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing its there. Especially after seeing a friend on facebook whose ceiling collapsed due to an overflow pan.....or maybe there was no pan...I dunno...but it reminded me.

Would be a shame to wreck a wall over 15 bucks.