AC Condensate pipe question

Old 06-08-14, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AC Condensate pipe question

Can my condensate line be clogged even if I don't see any water dripping at the pipe outside? I found water around my AC unit in the basement and am trying to find the cause. I don't have a shopvac and want to make sure the condensate line is the issue before buying one and cleaning it out. However, when checking the line outside, there is no signs of any problems. I believe I also have a secondary line since it is right beside it but that is clear as well. Should I try to vacuum them anyway even though they look clear? Also, I noticed that the condensate line that comes out of the house is 4 inch PVC piping...Is this normal? And how will I hook a shop vac end up to that?
I am still getting to know the whole system and house in general since we just moved in 2 weeks ago.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-14, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
4"?! No thats probably not the condensate line. Are you sure thats not the vent piping?

Old 06-08-14, 06:12 PM
Group Moderator
Received 343 Votes on 321 Posts
If you don't see any water dripping outside you may have a clogged drain in which case it will start leaking out of the bottom of the furnace/air handler. Can you shoot and post a picture for us of your drain line at the A/C unit ?

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html