TRANE XE 1200 Start Capacitor Relay

Old 06-23-14, 04:55 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
TRANE XE 1200 Start Capacitor Relay

I called an AC company to do a spring tune up on my TRANE unit. The tech called me and said he found the reson why the AC nit seemed to "freeze up" (works but doStart Capacitor Relayes not stay cool for long). He saud the starter kit capacitor relay was burned and he replaced it (sounded like an easy fix). when I got the bill, they charged $89 for the tune up (reasonnable( and tagged on $361 or replacing the relay to the hard start kit which seemed too steep. When I called them to find out why it cost so much especially when they were there and they were already doing a tune up, the owner said you apy the full amount ($89 + $361) or we will go over and remove the relay. I was shocked by the way they responded, My tenant later called me and said they came by and remove the kit and since they left the AC wasnt working (they have a bay and stayed without AC for 4 hours in high heat). It turned out they failed to plug back the power disconnect (noy sure if pure negligence or retaliation).
In any case I need help in finding out whether I need just the relay, or the hard start kit or both. Also, where d I find these part for my 3 ton unit .
Your help is appreciated ( froma desparate home owner who was taken to the cleaaners by previous tenant by taking off without paying $8000 in rent)

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-14, 05:17 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The hard start kit has a relay in it. A little pricey for the part, but you now have to get someone else out to most likely do the same thing to make it work.