Condensate Line Clog

Old 06-25-14, 07:45 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Condensate Line Clog

We have one Goodman unit, on the 2nd floor of our two story house. Last night, I find the drain line is clogged. I take the wet/dry vac outside to see if the problem can be solved by sucking out debris from the drain line and the only pvc I can find coming out of the house is the drain line connected to the hot water heater. What am I missing here? Where else would the A/C drain line be coming out?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-14, 07:57 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 478 Votes on 439 Posts
Do you have a sump somewhere. They often are a little plastic tank about a foot long 4-6" wide and about 6-8" high. I wonder if your AC and water heater share the sump tank so you only have one line going outside.

Another possibility though not permitted by code but I have seen it is the drain line is run into the house's plumbing/sewer lines. I've seen a hole drilled in the side of a vent stack and the condensate line just shoved in. Also not permitted in many areas but commonly done is to run the condensate drains into a floor drain if you have a basement. If you have a sump pump the line could be running there.

Old 06-25-14, 08:21 AM
N
No, we don't have a sump pump, and no basement. The water heater sits in the garage right underneath the path the A/C drain line should take to exit the house. I wondered if the A/C drain line was simply ran to the water heater line and then out a shared drain, but wasn't sure if it was even possible.

Old 06-25-14, 02:14 PM
S
Normally the HW tank has a valve and connection for a garden hose. Can you post a picture?

Old 06-25-14, 03:25 PM
T
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Crawl space under the house?