A/C condensation line through slab

Old 06-26-14, 06:26 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A/C condensation line through slab

1. I am currently renovating my basement and we moved the furnace from the center of the basement to the end of the basement near the wall. My A/C use to only have a hole in the concrete slab and the drain pipe was just inside that hole but now that I moved the furnace can I just drill a new hole in the slab and put the line in there? I am in Canada so I am not sure if the bulding code is different the the one in the US.

2. I looked at condensation pumps but I am not sure where I would run the discharge tube. I would have to go up to the ceiling then into the floor joist then drill the floor joists and pass the tube through all of them and then down into the wash tub, does that sound right?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-14, 09:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 835 Votes on 782 Posts
One problem with just drilling a hole in the slab is you don't know how much water will dissipate into the ground plus that would create a moisture issue where one isn't needed.

A condensate pump is a viable alternative. You can run the line up to the beams and then to the laundry tub. The line can be run under the beams.... it doesn't have to go thru them.

Old 06-26-14, 11:01 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I buy a pump and some clear flexible tubing and then I just use talon pipe clamps to mount it to the floor joist and run it to the tub? I didn't know if it was going to be in the way when we install the suspended ceiling(never done one before), that's why I though I needed to run it through the floor joist.

Last edited by johnny_h; 06-26-14 at 11:28 AM.