Goodman Relay Switch

Old 07-17-14, 06:33 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman Relay Switch

I have a Goodman central air/heat unit, Model #CK601C. When the air is cut on, everything works fine. When it cycles, the interior unit cuts off, but the compressor keeps running outside. I have changed out the inside thermostat, no change. The only way to cut the compressor off is with the breaker. I have been told that it is the relay switch. Is there any way to check the relay switch before purchasing one? Any input or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sweltering in Louisiana

Old 07-17-14, 06:43 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem, with a Goodman system. Before I knew better, I called a "Pro" and he said I needed more return ducts!!!!! LOL
I researched it online on an appliance site, and was told the fan relay is bad. Common on these systems. Less than $35 delivered in 3 days.
It's under the cover on the air handler, and takes about 5 minutes to change. You could bypass it to test, it if you want. You could have a "Pro" change it for about $150 - $1000
Good luck

Old 07-17-14, 06:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts

You should not have 24 volts to the contactor when a cooling demand is not present.

You can unwire one of the wire nut connections to the outdoor unit when it is running with no cooling demand.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: