Condo air conditioning intermittent

Old 07-27-14, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Condo air conditioning intermittent

Newbie home owner and looking for some opinions before I call in a tech especially since the problem is intermittent.

- my setup looks almost identical to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv5LvO3eDyg so it's a "fan coil system"?
- The air conditioning in my unit only blows cold air intermittently
- If I turn of the cooling for a few days it'll blow cold for a day or so before ceasing
- no problems with the fan, as in I can control when air is blowing or not, and how strong
- the filter was recently replaced and should be good, nothing is blocking the intake
- I've tried doing a reset of the thermostat (pulled the batteries out), didn't help

Thoughts? Is there some basic investigation I can do myself before I call someone in?

Thx

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-14, 09:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
That was very little information.

Do you have a water source heat pump, a 2 pipe, 3 pipe, or 4 pipe system?

I'd guess that you have a 2 position 24 volt control system as apposed to a proportional DC control, 120 volt or 240 volt control, or a Pneumatic control system since it uses batteries but I cannot be sure with the provided information.

Do you see any water in the pan under your air handler?

I spend almost half of my work week in high rises and most techs shy away from working on those units. Some that don't probably should.

Contractors must provide proof of insurance exceeding 2 million dollars to work in some high rises. It would be safer for you to call someone that has insurance and experience to service your unit.