Need help cleaning my outside ac unit

Old 08-14-14, 06:39 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help cleaning my outside ac unit

Hello,
I have a 38yra030300 carrier tech2000ss. I never cleaned it before in like five years. So what is the best way to clean this? I watched a lot of video and everyone just cleans the coil from outside with the foam. I thought it requres the water to be pushed from inside out. and Do I just need to clean it with the foam? saw a video that they used a micro coat afterward to protect it from dirt.

Old 08-14-14, 06:45 PM
S
Also is this a condensing unit or what? i am a complete noob and could not find any info about it online

Old 08-14-14, 07:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
I you want to turn off the breaker and unwire the fan motor and remove the top of your heat pump to rinse it, be very careful. It would probably be a little better as long as you don't bend the fan blades or pinch a high voltage wire and cause a short.

Just rinsing it the way you saw in the video every year or every 6 months would also work.
A 2 1/2 ton heat pump will not be doubled up the way 5 ton units are and it should be very easy to rinse. If you look down the top while rinsing, rinse until the water comes out clear.

Some homes have high pressure water and can bend the fins on the coil. Be careful not to allow this to happen.

Old 08-14-14, 07:39 PM
S
My compressor and some parts inside were changed last month. So i should be good at that location. I guess I will just rinse it from outside. But will just any coil cleaner work? like the one they sell in homedeopt?

Old 08-14-14, 07:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
Yes, Home Depot's coil cleaner should be fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: