A/c and heating in a room with no window [Relocated post]

Old 08-16-14, 09:37 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A/c and heating in a room with no window [Relocated post]

Hello, I am new to this forum and this is the closest topic I could find. I am currently renovating my apartment and making a study room which contains no windows and no heat or AC. However, it is taking the place of a kitchen so pipes are available. I am very unfamiliar with AC/heating world.. Is there any possibility of placing an AC/heating unit in this room without a nearby window?
Thank you for all your help.

Last edited by GregH; 08-17-14 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-17-14, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 50 Posts
Welcome to our forums!

I moved your post to it's own thread.

No, it's not possible to install a self contained air conditioner in a room without access to outside.

An air conditioner is merely a device that moves heat from one place to another.
Self contained units like window or portables are relatively cheap because the are built with heat absorbing and rejection abilities in one box.
A more costly mini split picks up the heat with one box, transfers that heat through fairly small pipes and then rejects that heat from another box in a different location.

You need to either make a hole for a wall mount unit, install two dryer type vents on an outside wall for a portable or consider a more costly mini-split a/c.........however, you will still have to install a mini-split condensing unit outside.

Do you happen to have a balcony?

Old 08-17-14, 04:52 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
thanks greg. Unfortunately no balcony. I think the best way to go is just installing air vents in the wall above the door to allow the AC from the living room to enter. Appreciate the help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: