Who makes the best right now?

Old 08-26-14, 10:55 AM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Who makes the best right now?

I currently have a split system, LP gas/central air, by Trane that is bumping 19 years old. I know this system has got to be on its last leg and I don't want to be caught with my pants down when it dies. I want to be figuring out what brand I want to go back with when the time comes. I have been very pleased with Trane, this system has cost me very little over the years. I would go back with them in a heart beat but I also know that companies have their up years and down years as far as quality goes.
Is Trane still at or near the top or is there another brand that I should give consideration to? I don't want to stick with Trane if their quality has slipped.
Thanks for your input.

Old 08-26-14, 01:14 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
Trane still one of the best but if its not installed correctly its junk... IN HVAC you are 100% buying the install not the equipment.

Old 08-26-14, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Every Pro I think has a favorite brand, either because of factory support, parts availability, ease of install, etc....but every single one says just what Airman said.

Every brand has their quirks and changes over time. All depends on if the bean counters are in charge or someone dedicated to the company's reputation.

I had a no name system in VA. Seriously, there were no labels or plaques anywhere that ID'd the manufacturer, just something like Richmond Climate Control Company. I guess with some digging I could have found out who actually made it, but it worked fine for the 16-17 years I lived there, so there was no real need. One tech said it was probably a Goodman with a specific air handler and furnace designed for the builder of homes (90 homes only 3 floor plans) in the area.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: