Air-Con Mini Split Troubleshoot / PC Board ?

Old 11-02-14, 06:37 AM
Post Air-Con Mini Split Troubleshoot / PC Board ?

Hi,

I purchased two air-con ACN12-12HPCEV/ACN13-12HPCCO units 4 years ago. My one unit is now not working:

When in air mode, unit starts flashing 4 lights about 1/2 after being turned on - manual show 4 lights as (abnormality of outdoor unit) after about another 1/2 hour unit shuts off.

When in heat mode, it does the same but no heat comes out. Just a cool fan air and the vane control does not work.

Was told that the inside PC Board needed to be replace as it is not reading the control modes correctly. I'm just curious though as the 4 lights blinking indicates its the outside unit not the inside.

The part is $200 from air-con not including installation. Local Air Conditioner companies want more. I hate to spend the monies if that is not the case. I was also hoping I could find the part cheaper but have had no luck searching it on the web. Before the units, I had not had much luck with our local ac companies and why I am questioning. They always take me to the cleaners here.

Has anyone else run across this problem or have knowledge that would be helpful to me before I purchase the part.

Thanks, Joan Marie

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-14, 07:26 AM
Is the fan at the top of the outside unit running? The condenser fan pulls cool air through the outside unit, keeping the compressor from overheating as well as helping to expel the heat transferred from inside the house. If the fan isn't running, the compressor could be overheating and shutting down (thermal sensor in compressor motor shuts down system if it gets too hot). If the fan isn't running, it's likely to be something as simple as a bad capacitor.

Old 11-03-14, 07:13 AM
Thank you for replying. I did not get notification and why I didn't reply sooner.

I turned the heat on and went outside. The fan went on fast but then died down and stopped. Heat does not come out at all. I switched it to air and let it run about 10 mins and the fan did not come on but I do have cold air coming out. I switched again to heat and fan did not come on.

AC companies confuse me and why I reached out. I spent a lot of monies on them before I got these units and just don't want it to happen again. The more info I have the better questions I can ask them. I will ask about the capacitor before I purchase the board.

THANK YOU

Old 11-03-14, 07:37 AM
Was told that the inside PC Board needed to be replace as it is not reading the control modes correctly.
If both units use the same control board you could swap the control board from the working unit into the non-working unit to see if the problem you are having is corrected.

Old 11-03-14, 09:10 AM
Thanks,

I never gave that a thought. I myself would not know the first thing in handling the task? but will see if any of my friends can.

Old 06-16-15, 01:08 PM
Did you ever find the problem?

Did you ever find the problem?

I'm having the exact same issue with my ac unit. Expect that if I turn it back on after it shuts down (around 1 hour) it will continue to run just fine almost indefinitely.