Mini -Split system

Old 05-23-15, 12:16 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mini -Split system

Anyone have this? I have been reading good reviews.This type of system is also called ductless ,used in other countries,Im debating of replacing my central refridge system with one of these.

Old 05-23-15, 05:46 AM
J
Received 88 Votes on 81 Posts
Sized correctly for the space your trying to heat and or cool they work great.
Been around in the US for many years.
I have one in an 800 sq. ft. house I rent out and it's been trouble free for many years.
Super quiet and very cheap to run.
Very easy to install.

Old 05-23-15, 06:44 AM
Received 27 Votes on 22 Posts
I don't have any experience with mini-split systems. As joecaption mentioned, they are quiet and efficient. My only concern would be repairability. I've seen a few posts on this forum from people with mini-split systems that have had problems. From the replies from the pros on this forum, it sounds like they are pretty complicated, with a lot of electronics (perhaps more than a typical split system like you currently have). You might want to research how easy or difficult it is to repair the system should you have a problem with it, particularly after the warranty expires.

Old 05-23-15, 07:09 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 89 Votes on 84 Posts
We have several Mr. Slims in network closets and they work great and have been reliable for quite a few years,but can be a PTA to repair if they do fail.
Geo

Old 05-28-15, 05:21 AM
W
We installed a 13 SEER system 2 seasons ago for our living room / dining room . Love it & yes , they are quiet . :-)

Just installed a 16 SEER unit in our bedroom . So far , we like it even better . ( Newer technology . )

Buy the highest SEER you can afford . The heat pump - A/C models are only a few more dollars more than the straight A/C models .

God bless
Wyr

Old 06-06-15, 02:52 PM
W
Thanks for the replies guys,might have to do this

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: