Honeywell HZ311 board burnt up.

Old 06-10-15, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell HZ311 board burnt up.

OK I stared having central air problems. My central air unit stopped working. I found that the contactor coil would not close. If I amually closed the contactor the ac fan and condensor would turn on. My heat worked. Then a week later when I went to trouble shoot and I found that my heat no longer worked ether. so I investigated and found the 5 amp fuse on the control board was blown. So I shut off breakers and replaced fuse. as soon as I turned on breakers, the fuse blew again. The only way I could get the fuses to stop blowing was to disconnect the wires to the HZ311. Just the wires from the panel the fuse is on to the HZ311. So I checked out the HZ311 and found that it was burnt up. Burnt where the wires are attached from the board with fuse. My question is, any ideas why this board would burn. I inspected the wires from fuse board to Hz311 and they look fine, so I don't think its a short there. What can I look at to see if its a problem? I don't want to install a new HZ311 and burn it up because I never fix the problem first.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-15, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Could be just be a failed zone control. Check the wires to make sure something hasn't been chewing on them.