Inside Blower Still Running

Old 08-11-15, 09:29 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Inside Blower Still Running

This morning I cut the thermostat up since we run it a little cooler at night than during the day. I noticed several minutes later that the blower inside was still running even though the outside had stopped. I shut the thermostat off and it still would not cut off. I then cut the breaker off and that was the only way to get it to shut off. I'm trying to figure out if it's a thermostat issue, is the inside unit frozen. Not really sure what to do and don't have the funds to call a pro. It's summertime in the south y'all!

Jenny

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-15, 10:39 AM
Received 15 Votes on 10 Posts
Jenny, if you have one of the newer thermostats, it should come off the mounting plate (where the wires are attached). To rule out the thermostat as the cause of the problem, try removing the thermostat from its mounting plate. Let us know what you find.

Old 08-14-15, 12:16 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I actually had removed it in my attempts to figure out if the thermostat was bad. I didn't notice anything unusual. I let my unit sit for an hour or so completely shut off and then switched it back on and it seems to be back working normally.