No power after replacing fuses

Old 08-15-15, 09:36 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No power after replacing fuses

Hi,
A "line 2 fuse blown" light was turned on on my unit so I replaced both of the RK5 fuses but I can't get the unit to power on anymore. I've tried putting the fuses and the fuse holder in different directions. I've also reset the AC breaker fuse as well several times.

Any clues why else power could be cut after replacing a blown fuse? I put the blown fuse back in but the indicator light that shows the fuse is blown no longer turns on - so no power at all

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-15, 10:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 733 Votes on 688 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The box at your condensor is called a fusible service disconnect. The handle or pull-out holds the two fuses can be plugged in in either direction. One is on and one is off. Usually ON and OFF is printed on the handle so that the word reads correctly when installed in that direction. Usually the pull-out is harder to push back in when in the ON position.

Double check the position and that it is firmly pushed all the way in. If it is.... you're going to need a basic voltmeter to make voltage checks to determine where the power is getting lost.