Rheem Heat Pump Pressures Technical Quesitons

Old 10-05-15, 07:36 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rheem Heat Pump Pressures Technical Quesitons

Hey All,

I have been running a rheem 2.5 ton heat pump and rheem air handler is a 3 ton. This system is a 2004 and still running. I bought the house a year ago and im trying to make it most efficient.
For a long time the heat pump runs almost all day here in Fla. The temp difference of supplied air is only 10-12 degrees. The pressures on it were 75psi Low / 175 psi Hi. The super heat and subcool temps were a few degrees off.

I knew the coil must of been dirty so I hired someone to come and they pulled the coil and cleaned the blower and cleaned the air handler. Still the pressures were off. They said it was prob bad unit from being old. I had a 3 ton rheem unit avail (older model also matching for air handler) and had them install it.
It had the same pressures!! They even installed it with a TXV valve? What is going on? Now I think its worse and the pressures are same and low side temp reads 45 and hi reads 90. So my superheat is 0 and subcool is 7? Is this thing going to burst? Sounds really loud?

Old 10-05-15, 07:52 AM
With a TXV, they should be charging based on Subcool, and make sure the outside temp is 70F +.

Old 10-05-15, 08:17 AM
M
It is about 85 out. I dont know what is going on. The TXV isnt adjusting the pressure. The high side is low. If I understand correctly there is too much refrigerant going into the evaporator but my temperature differential says the coil doesnt have enough refrigerant or its not absorbing the heat? Can it be anything besides a bad coil?

Old 10-05-15, 10:31 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
Mark... the administrators of the DIY board have asked that no discussions pertaining to charging and system pressures be allowed on the board. I call your attention to the sticky from the top of this forum.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/ai...ng-your-c.html

Old 10-05-15, 10:45 AM
M
Ok I understand ill edit the numbers.

I guess my question is with a TXV valve installed why arnt the pressures adjusted to where they are suppose to be?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: