Problems with moved and reconnected A/C system

Old 03-12-16, 02:53 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problems with moved and reconnected A/C system

To start.. I'm new to this forum. After googling a few things it seems that most bring me back to this page. So I decided to ask for some help. I just finished installing my old ac unit at my new house (my new house is old and the old ac and ducts were leaking everywhere). That being said I hired some guys to do it and it was all working well for a a few days. But I feel like the "coldness" has been on the decline after about 4 days of being on auto. Not sure if it's leaking or not as I don't see that anywhere. Now last night I put in the nest I purchased and it told me there is an issue with the y cable. It's all connected as it should be so I'm confused. Does anyone on here specifically know about trane units? My air handler is a 4tee3f40a1000ab and my compressor is a xl16i. There is another detail. When the ac was first turned on we quickly found out my compressors ecm fan motor and blade were rusted out and not functioning so we took the motor off my old unit and put it in the new (still old) system. Fan works fine but today it seems as if the compressor won't turn on. I've called a few people but none has time to check this stuff out. Seems like it's mostly troubleshooting (I know. . That's the worst) if I knew how I'd add pictures.

Old 03-12-16, 02:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 893 Upvotes on 754 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

This might help get you started: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 03-12-16, 03:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
You need to post the model number for the condensor. XL16i is a series..... not a model number.

I'm assuming this is a heat pump system and once confirmed I'll move the thread.

You should repair one thing at a time and leave the nest until everything is working normally.
You had somebody install it ? I think you need to call them back. System pressures need to be checked.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the sealed system. You had it disconnected it from one place and reconnected at another place. You could have a leak and you would not see it. Something foreign may have gotten into the lines/condensor/evaporator coil and has clogged the metering device.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: