Condensing unit trips breaker on startup sometimes

Old 05-20-16, 10:42 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Condensing unit trips breaker on startup sometimes

We have a trane x13 system that we are having problems with. Last year the unit started tripping the breaker on startup but once breaker was reset the unit would work fine until the temp in the house balanced out and shut off. Once thermostat would raise and call for the unit to turn back on it would do it again. After investigating further we noticed the contacts were bad and we had them fixed and shortly after the problem continued. Had the compressor replaced and all worked well for a little bit. We left the house for the winter and came back to the same issue we had before. Still tripping on startup but not evetytime. We replaced the breaker, ran new wire and installed a new disconnect, checked hardstart and caps and cant figure this out. Any help on where to look next would be great. Thanks.

Old 05-20-16, 02:07 PM
S
Who tested the compressor and what did they say was wrong with it?

Old 05-20-16, 06:45 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
It was a licensed ac company. I'll have to call him tomorrow and find out as I don't recall exactly because I wasn't the one there while he was working on it. I'll post back the answer in the morning.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: