Friedrich Through the wall WSC sleeve

Old 06-24-16, 01:33 PM
Friedrich Through the wall WSC sleeve

I desperately need install ACs in my apt. I currently have Friedrich WSC wall sleeves in all of the rooms. What are some of the cheaper alternative ACs that are compatible? My max is $350 for each room.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-16, 01:54 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 211
Welcome to the forums.

It's not always about the cost.
You are talking about taking a window unit and stuffing it in a wall sleeve.... correct ?
You need to make sure the vents line up or the new A/C won't cool properly.

Old 06-24-16, 02:05 PM
I want a through wall unit. From what I heard, window units typically runs smaller and is not proffered due to the vents on the sides

Old 06-24-16, 02:08 PM
Through the wall unit. The Friedrich model that fits my sleeve is like $600. Can I use cheaper though the wall models like artic King?

Old 06-24-16, 02:17 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 211
It all depends if the openings line up. You'll have to match by site. There are no replacement/cross reference charts that I know of.

Old 06-24-16, 02:20 PM
You are right. Thanks a lot. I will research more AC models based on the Friedrich model I seen.

Old 08-08-16, 07:24 PM
How did your through wall installs go? I'm also about to replace one of mine. They sure are pricey. We had to leave a couple rooms without them. However, what helps immensely is putting a box fan right underneath one of the ac units and having it push the cold air to the rest of the apartment. It drops the temp about 10 degrees in those un airconditioned rooms. Very comfortable if you also use fans where you are resting... We've got an 800sq ft 2 bedroom apartment with 4 people and we only have 2 ac units. One in each bedroom. 8000btu and a 6000btu. But with the said fan setup, it's perfect, and I like it cool.

Make sure you block off/caulk any drafts around windows. Also, front doors often have large gaps under them which can be blocked.

Anyways, hope it went well for you.