Carrier Infinity - Do I have any (3rd party) Smart Thermostat options?

Old 07-20-16, 09:48 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier Infinity - Do I have any (3rd party) Smart Thermostat options?

Hi all,

I'm really wanting to make my home "smarter". Our household schedule is not predictable enough to do programs. The house has a Carrier Infinity system with the basic LCD (monochrome) stat. There's just a gas furnace and AC, nothing special, other than the blower is variable speed, and I know Nest does not support that.

Based on a post here, it seems like Nest CAN work, but I'd lose variable speed control.

What I would really like is for a way for the HVAC to know occupied/unoccupied states based on security alarm contact closure... though there would have to be some smarts for it to know to ignore at night if alarm is armed while sleeping.

I might be up for getting the $600 Carrier WiFi Stat, but can 3rd party things control it?

Some other info -- I work for an AV integration company and part of what I do is control system programming and automation (which also includes HVAC and lighting). So, in a perfect world, I'd be able to automate HVAC, security, and door locks from one place. I can see having the ability to control everything separately, but then I'll end up with smartphone apps for 5 different things.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-16, 08:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,036 Votes on 960 Posts
I remember you mentioning this previously in another thread. I'm not familiar enough with that system to help you. My forum partner.... Houston... may know better.