Coleman furnace model number DGAT056BDD ~ blower not coming on

Old 07-25-16, 11:16 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Coleman furnace model number DGAT056BDD ~ blower not coming on

Yesterday I noticed when my thermostat called for AC the outside unit came on but the inside blower wouldn't. I checked the green wire at the thermostat for 24 volts and it checked good. I unhook the white and black wires of the blower and power it directly and it runs fine, currently how I have it cooling my house the thermostat is still shutting off outside unit when temp is reached. I believe it's a control board issue because I see a little corrosion and a small black area near what I believe is the relay for the motor. The part number on the board is 7956-319 (Blue) I can google and find a replacement but they all look like (Red) but the part number is the same... I don't seem the be able to locate a blue has this board since been updated and the part numbers have changed? Visually I seen no difference between the blue and red.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-16, 11:41 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,037 Votes on 961 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I can google and find a replacement but they all look like (Red) but the part number is the same
What is red ?

Any one of those upgraded boards should work for you.
amazon/7956-319-Coleman-Upgraded-Replacement-Furnace/dp/B00MJB13HW

Old 07-26-16, 03:37 AM
A
Thanks for the reply and sorry I wasn't more understanding in my question, what I mean by blue and red is on my board in (***) after the part number mine says blue but doing a search online I only see red... If you look at my second picture near the top left you'll see the word blue after the part number... It is an old furnace so I'm thinking they have been since upgraded I just couldn't find anything online about what might be the difference

Old 07-26-16, 10:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,037 Votes on 961 Posts
I see what you're talking about and it doesn't make any sense. The blue model or the red model when the numbers are the same.

The new board shows as a replacement for all the older boards so it should be compatible.

Old 07-27-16, 02:43 AM
A
Thanks, definitely confusing. I think I'm going to try it. I just can't find anything about blue or red boards inline and what the difference might be