Transfer refrigerant from one condenser to another without cylinder

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-16, 12:08 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Transfer refrigerant from one condenser to another without cylinder

Hello all,

I have a more unique situation: an overcharged heat pump and an undercharged AC one next to the other, both piston with piston metering at the coil. The refrigerant is R-22 and I am planning on transferring refrigerant directly from one unit to the other. This is how I am thinking of doing this, please let me know if you see an issue with the approach:

- connect blue gauge hose to the suction line of the overcharged unit and purge line
- connect red gauge hose to the suction line of the undercharged unit and purge line
- connect yellow gauge hose to the liquid line of the overcharged unit and purge line
- slowly meter liquid refrigerant through the red manifold, wait and check pressure and superheat, repeat until the overcharged unit's superheat is correct (with both units running)
- close yellow ball valve and let all the remaining liquid slowly go into the undercharged unit
- disconnect gauge

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-16, 12:35 PM
F
Received 35 Votes on 27 Posts
This forum has a policy of not stating how to work on the refrigerant system. This is because the US Environmental Protection Agency requires a person doing such work to have a permit issued by that agency.

Old 07-29-16, 01:02 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, I do have an EPA 608 license.

Old 07-29-16, 09:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,045 Votes on 969 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The DIY administrators have instituted a policy of no discussions in the forums on system pressures or refrigerant handling issues on non automotive type A/C systems.

Sorry.

Closed Thread