Help me please

Old 09-13-16, 04:59 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help me please

I woke up the other day sweating, my air conditioner wasnt working nothing no fan running outside no fan running inside so i googled alot that day w/o any luck changed thermostat no luck my problem is 1. I have no money on ssi taking care of a family, 2. After the long Google serch i learned that my unit itself has a auto and manual cut off for the fan and the outside unit where the power goes in i can push the button in and as long as that button is pressed in and i have the switch on the unit in the on position itll all work my problem is i dont wanna have to do this i wanna fix it

Old 09-13-16, 03:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
Do you have a volt meter?

It sounds like you do not have low voltage present. There are a few possible causes for this.

Water in the pan under the indoor coil can flip a float switch and turn off power to the thermostat. This is caused by a backed up drain.

The low voltage wire to the outdoor unit can get damaged and pop a low voltage fuse or low voltage breaker in the indoor unit. The sun, a weed eater, rodents, dogs or the hot gas line by the compressor often cause this issue.

Batteries in the thermostat should be checked if present.

Many gas furnaces have a conventional light switch next to them that kills power.
This switch is often accidentally turned off if someone is working near the furnace.

Some gas furnaces will display a blinking light that helps determine if the furnace has power or if the low voltage fuse is popped.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: