LG MIni Split Issues

Old 01-07-17, 12:48 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LG MIni Split Issues

I have an LG LMU186HV Mini Split I installed in 2011. It all worked well until 2015. One of the air handlers fans started to get noisy so I ordered a new one. While I was removing it I shorted the power in the air handler incoming power. I went ahead and finished replacing the motor and put it all back together but the unit display would not light up. I checked for power to the unit outside and the power where I had shorted it and all had correct power. I checked the fuse on the interior circuit board and it was fine. I figured I must have burnt something on the interior circuit board so I replaced that as well. Still I have no power to the display or the face controls. I also have no power to the display or face buttons of the other air handler which really makes no sense to me. There are no codes at the outside unit and with no power to the display or the face buttons there is no codes there either. Any ideas?

Old 01-07-17, 07:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,953 Upvotes on 3,546 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You serviced the unit without disconnecting the power ?

The only way your going to be able to service that yourself is to purchase the service manual and go thru it with a meter.

If I could find the service manual online I may be able to help you but I can only find it for purchase.

Old 01-07-17, 11:01 PM
R
Received 199 Upvotes on 181 Posts
I would contact tech support. You could have shorted one of many control boards in any one of the pieces of equipment on this system.
How was power still live while performing a motor replacement?

Old 01-07-17, 11:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,953 Upvotes on 3,546 Posts
The problem with LG is that they will not talk tech with an end user.
It must be a tech or installer.

Old 01-08-17, 10:55 AM
R
Received 199 Upvotes on 181 Posts
Really? I called them last Tuesday. They never asked me any credentials and I never told them a company name.

Old 01-10-17, 08:26 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sorry I was out of town for a couple of days. Power was supposed to be off but I trusted someone who was "helping" me. I have the service manual and have run the tests it describes. I have replaced the circuit board in the one handler and have power into and out of the terminal block, to the circuit board and to the display. That is where I loose power, at the display plug. LG has not been any help. They treat these units as commercial products so they even have trouble finding the model number.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: