Air Conditioner compressor is running on and off with the AC power on off

Old 02-17-17, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I have two LG LW1210ER AC window air conditioners are all digital and they are about 4-5 years old.

One morning was cold outside and the room was very cold I turned the AC power off but the compressor continues to running I have to unplug it so the compressor stop running. When I plugged back after a while with the AC power on off, the compressor runs buy itself but nothing else like the blower fan and the control panel is in off position, if I turn the AC power on I am able to use the control panel to increase temperature up and down, fan speed, mode etc. (all the functions) and the AC work find cool the room but the compressor doesn't shut off which makes the room to cold.

I looked at your site and I find a forum with a similar problem and it was reply that the PCB could be the problem, the person replaced it and then the problem was fixed. I did removed the PCB on the AC I was using and try to get the same part using all the different number that appears on the board I found one similar, the # on my unit is EBR651075 I found a couples whit the # EBR65107502 I compare the two mine and the one in the photos of the site and they look very similar they even have a the same number the EBR651075 and ASM:EBR392839.

But the difference is that mine have to prongs/plugs the middle where two cables go, one with a build in fuse in between the cable and the other with no fuse, the EBR65107502 I found online doesn't have the two prongs/plugs but it have a fuse in the same location.

Is this part will work on my AC and what I do with the two cables that are suppose to go in there.? I looked in many websites but I couldn't found my original part with the two prongs/plugs. Do LG replace this part with the one with fuse in it? Some difference that I see is in the colors of some of the circuits and where it says CJ:004 on mine in the one in the website it says CJ:45.

Please let me know if I can use this part to replace mine and what I do with the two cables that are suppose to go in the prongs/plugs where the new part already have a fuse?

Thank you, sorry for the long message but I wanted to explain in detail my situation,

enrigar

PS if there are any location where I can include the photos of the two EBR(s). Can I copy the one online without breaking any of your rules?
Where I can fin the original part?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-17, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Yes, you can post photos on the site:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 02-17-17, 07:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The model shows that the EBR65107502 will work.
Couldn't find anything on theEBR651075 version.

This picture is the EBR65107502 board.
Name:  lg board.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  40.3 KB

I see you are way South. How cold could it get there ?
I've never seen or heard of that problem before.

I'm trying to figure out how "cold" could keep it partially running.

Old 02-19-17, 02:25 PM

Name:  8-Photo od my EBR651075.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  31.6 KB

Hello,

I have two Model # LG LW1210ER AC window air conditioners are all digital and they are about 5 years old.

One morning was cold outside and the room was very cold I turned the AC power off but the compressor continues to running I have to unplug it so the compressor stop running. When I plugged back with the AC power on off, the compressor runs buy itself but nothing else like the blower fan and the control panel is in off position, if I turn the AC power on I am able to use the control panel to increase temperature up and down, fan speed, mode etc. (all the functions) and the AC work find cool the room but the compressor doesn't shut off which makes the room to cold. After unplugging it from the wall outlet and plug it back the compressor turn on with the AC on of and after a while it will shut down by itself and the again the compressor turns on again by itself, so again I have to unplugged so it stop working, this is happening to both ACs.

I looked at your site and I find a forum with a similar problem and it was suggested that the relay on the PCB could be the problem, the person replaced it and then the problem was fixed. I did removed the PCB on one of my AC I was using and try to get the same part using all the different number that appears on the board I found one similar, the # on my unit is EBR651075 I found a couples with the # EBR65107502 I compare the two mine and the one in the photos of the site and they look very similar they even have a same number the EBR651075 and ASM: EBR392839.

But the difference is that mine have to prongs/plugs the middle where two cables go, one with a build in fuse in between the cable and the other with no fuse, the EBR65107502 I found online doesn't have the two prongs/plugs but it have a fuse in the same location.

Is this part will work on my AC and what I do with the two cables that are suppose to go in there.? I looked in “many” websites but I couldn't found my original part with the two prongs/plugs. Do LG replace this part with the one with fuse in it? Some difference that I see is in the colors of some of the circuits and where it says CJ: 004 on mine in the one in the website it says CJ: 45.

Please let me know what will be the solution to these problems. Can I can use the part shown online with the fuse to replace mine and what I do with the two cables that are suppose to go in the prongs/plugs where the new part already have a fuse?

What do you suggest it could be the cause of this, also this happened to my two ACs, if there is a “Recall” on these ACs and what should do to get them replaced/paid for?

Thank you, sorry for the long message but I wanted to explain in detail my situation,

enrigar

Attached Images         
Old 02-19-17, 02:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
Merged two threads.

It is not a relay problem. The relay cannot turn in the unit by itself. It can get stuck on after running but that isn't your problem.

This appears to be a logic problem.

I've been looking for the old board and have not found it.
You may have to contact LG for technical assistance.

According to the LG information I was looking at..... your units carry a five year parts and labor warranty.

Old 02-20-17, 04:05 PM
Hello PJmax,

Thank you for your reply, you said that is not a relay problem, and its appears to be a logic problem. What do you mean "logic problem"? In another reply you said that EBR65107502 will work, but what I do with two cable that were suppose to where the fuse is located on the EBR65107502 model?

Thank you, again,

enrigar

PS I want to apologice for posting a picture with a web site address, it wasn't my intention. The other photos are of my EBR651075 board.