Reputable parts dealer advice? Lennox blower motor

Old 08-14-17, 10:52 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reputable parts dealer advice? Lennox blower motor

Per a couple A/C techs who have checked out my problematic HVAC furnace, my blower motor is failing at sporadic/random times and causing my system to freeze up. So I need to replace my blower motor. I'd like to do it myself, but I'm not sure what sites are reputable for replacement parts. I just need the blower motor itself. It's a Lennox model # SL280UH070V36A-01. Can anyone advise a good online site/dealer to pick one up? Found one that I believe is a fit on the site copied below, but it says this is a single speed motor, and I know I have a variable speed system, so it's confusing. Thanks in advance for the assist!
https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDet...3d1244761&mr=1

Old 08-15-17, 06:04 AM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Your furnace appears to use an ECM motor, which is a variable speed Electronically Commutated Motor. They are very efficient and are nice in that they can vary their speed to maintain a constant airflow. I have one in my York furnace. The downside is that they have proven to be somewhat unreliable and are very expensive ($1000+). The motor consists of two parts, the motor itself (shaft, bearings, and windings), and a control module which is bolted to the back of the motor. Often, when the motor assembly has problems, the problem lies with the control module on the back of the motor. You can replace the control module seperately from the motor assembly. However, you need to purchase the correct module or motor assembly (whichever you prefer to replace) from the furnace manufacturer. While the ECM motors are all basically the same, my understanding is that there is custom programming in the control module that makes it work properly with a given manufacturer's furnace.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: