Evaporator too small ?

Old 08-28-17, 08:46 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Evaporator too small ?

A few months ago our central air a-coil froze up. Had a service tech out he charged the unit and said he didn't see anything else wrong with it. A month later it froze up again. Within that month we had gotten a home warranty. We went through the steps called them up they sent a service tech from a different company. He said there was a blockage The a-coil was dirty but he didn't look t it. He reported too the home warranty they called and said they wouldn't cover it due to improper installation. I decided to take care of it myself. I opened the unit and it wasn't dirty. I have a feeling the blower is too small for the home because the unit is in the attic and they selected a unit based on physical dimensions that would fit but isn't rated for the home. Therefore not enough air flow when the unit is working constantly. How can I check what size blower unit I need for the size home?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-17, 08:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
The complete model number ( like 58RAV070-13112 not like Weathermaker 8000 series) and the make of the furnace or air handler would be of assistance.