Bakery production area cooling

Old 10-21-17, 11:27 PM
Bakery production area cooling

I am Facing an Issue with the Cooling Temperature at the bakery production are i have a area of 487.23 m2 and height of 3.5 meters. around 40-50 persons inside always. Equipment are omitting around 2500 BTU/Hr of Energy.

Please let me know how much Tonnage i shall put. I have installed 53.5 Tons and it is not cooling.

moderator note: member from Suadi Arabia.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-17, 11:36 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

This is a DIY site. That is not a DIY project. That requires a commercial company. Someone to come in assess your on-site requirements.

In a bakery situation.... it's more about removing the heat from the room using roof vents then just supplying A/C. I added in your location since that also has a direct bearing on the equipment used.

Old 10-22-17, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator
I agree that you need to consult a professional who can more closely asses your situation.

487 m is about 5000 sq ft.
Your numbers do not seem right.
50 people working would require about 30,000 btu/h or about 2 1/2 tons of cooling.
If your building is insulated and well sealed as a complete guess 25 tons might handle the space with no additional heat load.

What is wrong is that you say there is only 2500 btu/h of equipment load.
A bakery with ovens would produce many times more heat that this.
Do a calculation on how many watts of power your ovens consume and you will have a basis for someone to calculate your air conditioning needs.