Friedrich wallmaster A/C missing front panel

Old 04-22-18, 03:01 PM
Friedrich wallmaster A/C missing front panel

Hi All,

​​​​​​I recently bought a place that has a Friedrich Wallmaster Thru-The-Wall Air Conditioner - WS16B30A already in place. As you can see from the pictures the front paneling is missing, but it seems to run well enough (it hasn't been warm enough yet to really test it though).

I'm not sure if there are any other pieces missing from looking at it and so my question is, from the pictures can you tell if it is indeed safe and efficient to run this AC? And could I simply buy a front cover to make it look a bit nicer? Any help and insight is appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Images      
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-18, 03:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Here is a part # from Sears. 61607003 But I found another site, Here is the site
https://www.appliancefactoryparts.co.../ws16b30a.html
Looks like part # 48 at 110.46. Scroll way down to find it.
No price I could find at Sears.

Old 04-22-18, 03:33 PM
Thanks so much for the quick response and for looking into the part needed pugsl! So what you can see from the pictures, there are no other major missing pieces/parts that would impact performance of the AC? Just the front cover is needed? Also, do you have any familiarity with these Friedrich Wallmasters, can I expect to get many more years out of the unit? Thanks again.

Old 04-22-18, 04:45 PM
Group Moderator
It's perfectly safe to run it that way but no where near efficient.
You need the front panel that has the filter enclosed and the louvers up top to keep the discharge (cold) air from mixing with the incoming warm air.

Friedrich is a good unit but we could only guess at its longevity.

That looks like part # 61608003 for the complete front assembly. Unfortunately I didn't find it in stock anywhere. You may need to email around to find it. Those types of parts are usually only available for a year or two after production ends for a model.

Old 04-22-18, 05:03 PM
Thanks Pjmax! Makes sense about not being very efficient without the cover. So you are thinking that the front cover part # 61607003 that pugsl linked to above https://www.appliancefactoryparts.co...422285/146379/ wouldn't take care of the inefficiency issue? It would have to be part # 61608003 that you found?

Old 04-22-18, 05:59 PM
Group Moderator
It looks like part # 61607003 fits a Friedrich WS16B30AA.... instead of WS16B30A.
There may not be a difference. I couldn't find a picture to make a visual comparison.

Old 04-23-18, 12:52 PM
Don't forget to buy a filter (and possibly clips to hold it) if not part of the front panel assembly. AC filters are available at the big box stores

Old 04-23-18, 08:25 PM
Thanks again all for the help. John- correct me if I'm wrong but just based on the pics and description in the link here it doesn't come with a filter. https://www.appliancefactoryparts.co...422285/146379/

In general, should putting the cover on and putting the filter in be a pretty straightforward process to do myself?

Old 04-24-18, 10:32 AM
Filter and clips are sold separately. Click on the expanded parts image on the link you included in your message and you will see the filter as item #45. Scroll down the page to see the filter and clip part numbers with prices are shown. You need two clips. The rounded section clips onto the coil between the fins and the filter sticks onto the pointy part. Home Depot has filter material for as little as $6 and you can make your own clips from paper clips or similar. On the unit I had, pegs on the front panel just snapped into holes on the unit. An easy install.