Compressor quick connect wire ends.

Old 05-17-18, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Compressor quick connect wire ends.

Just had an issue where the start wire melted off of the spade at the compressor. This issue has been fixed but I had to rig up a wire from the cap to the compressor because I don't have a female wire end that will fit the compressor correctly. It evidently is an odd size (I think it is .350/ 9mm) and the hardware store and the box stores don't carry them. I couldn't even find any connectors at Ace or Lowes that had 90 degree bends. I know I can order a complete rewire kit with the ends that screw on at the compressor. But I want to just replace with new wire and a new 90 degree female quick connect for pennies rather than $30.00+ for an entire wiring harness.

I thought I would go online and find these things easily. I have spent a few hours with no luck which is not normal. Anybody ran up against this?

Last edited by Racerx143; 05-17-18 at 09:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-18, 05:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 308 Posts
Don't mess around. Get a solid connection. If it's not solid it will burn off and then your compressor will be toast. $30 for the lug kit is a small price to pay.

The terminal you want is a flag. I don't recall anything larger than .250 used on a compressor.
A make and model of the compressor would be helpful.

Name:  flag.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  13.3 KB