AC blowing hot air

Old 06-04-18, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AC blowing hot air

Hi all. Thanks in advance for any help.
I have a Goodman 4T air handler and a GSZ14 model condenser, less than a year old. I have a separate Bosch Greenstar Combination boiler.

In January, I replaced the thermostat to a Honeywell 9000 WiFi model. I hooked everything up exactly as the old thermostat, and the thermostat wasn't getting power. That was using a blue wire for Common. I checked all the wires with my multimeter, and I had a brown wire that gave me 24VAC. I put that into the common, tstat worked, heat worked, and I think I only checked the a/c quick to see that it came on. It was January, I didn't need a/c.

Now summer is here, so I tried to turn the a/c on. It blows hot air. Its not just ambient air, it actually heats up as you run it. The condenser unit outside comes on.
I switched the wiring back to the old thermostat with the blue wire in the common, but it still blows hot air. Both refrigerant lines to the condenser outside are hot to the touch while its running. Fan turns on from the tstat fine.

Anybody able to tell me what's going on here, and hopefully get it all working?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-18, 08:08 AM
Sounds like you have a heat pump. Be sure to configure the new stat for heat pump with aux heat.

Old 06-04-18, 09:19 AM
Then what gets connected to C? The blue (where it previously worked, doesn't anymore, and doesn't power the tstat) or the brown (where it has never worked, but does make the tstat work?